Tuesday, February 17, 2009

GREAT BIG FANY RIDE 2009

it is now feburary 2009. its been 6 months since the big ride across america 08!!! what an experience!!! Although i want to do it again there are so many other rides and places to see that i cant do this one again..... at lease for a while. :) so my next big adventure..... well not big compared to last summer, but just as fun im sure. The great big Fany Ride.

FIVE HUNDRED MILE RIDE
ACROSS
NEW
YORK

James Crosby. a rider i met while cycling america will be going with me, and i will be using this blog the same way i did in the previous ride. although im not sure about the oportunities i will have to update, I will do my best, as I did before.

why am i doing this???
well its certainly not the saddle sore, cold nights in a tent, waking up early, pb&j, oatmeal, countless hills, or spandex pants i crave. its the air, the sights, the people you meet, the things you see that are so often missed while going 60 with the windows up. I love the conversation, and accomplishment as well.
originaly my next adventure was going to be the PALM, (pedal across lower michigan) but after missing the registration deadline, i thought to myself , "i have to ride somewhere Ive never been before" . Well...Ive never been to new york. tell me a better way to discover new places.

FANY SUPPORTS....

The Double H Ranch

please if you have time, visit doublehranch.org to learn more about what they do to help improve the lives of cronically ill children by providing them a camp where they can get away and be a kid.

FANY FACTS

July 19-25
500 miles
starts in Niagra falls....500 miles later ends in Saratoga Springs
tents by night..bikes by day
a whole lot of butt butter

No comments: